We’re often asked whether you need building regulation approval for your building work, and the same general guidelines apply to all areas in which we operate, including Windsor & Maidenhead, Reading, Marlow, Ascot, Uxbridge, Ealing, Hammersmith, Fulham, and Chiswick.
If you are carrying out building work it is very important that you understand how the building regulatory system and material applies to your situation as you are responsible for making sure that the work complies with the building regulations.
The following types of projects require Building regulations:
- The erection or extension of a building
- The installation or extension of a service or fitting which is controlled under the regulations
- An alteration project involving work which will temporarily or permanently affect the ongoing compliance of the building, service or fitting with the requirements relating to structure, fire, or access to and use of buildings
- The insertion of insulation into a cavity wall
- The underpinning of the foundations of a building
- Work affecting the thermal elements, energy status or energy performance of a building.
You should bear in mind that if you are the owner of the building, it is ultimately you who may be served with an enforcement notice if the work does not comply with the regulations.
Portlands takes responsibility of all matters related to building regulations on their design and build projects.
Portlands deal with building regulations applications, structural designs, issue of building notice and obtaining building regulation approvals and completion certificates for your building project in Windsor & Maidenhead, or any of the other areas mentioned.
For more information please contact us today.